Bayle Estates

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Let's get ready to RUMBLE!

Thing is, there are these two girls I'm interested in. One's all cold and distant, but she wants to understand me. I mean, she's all swordplay and "who's yer mama" and then she hits me with the question:

"What makes you hate women?"

See, that's all because I call 'em chicks and such, but she wanted to know. I've only seen her once, but she's... she's got it going on.

Then, just the other day, I get roped into giving the new girl a tour of the castle. It's me, Lex (Random's son), Mirabel (daughter of Flora), and the new girl, Alice. We go around, and I suggest we wrap it up in the ballroom with a bit of swing, y'know? Alice is all cool, and when we meet she gets upset at me for telling her that her mattress is a little soft on one side.

Anyway, we hussle over to the conservatory, where I grab a guitar and the others grab instruments. We head over to the ballroom and start up a few things, I get out a few licks and talk about rock.

And Alice has never heard of it. She asks how to dance to it, which I started by quoting Chuck Berry, and the others urge me to demonstrate. Lex and Mira play drums and cello, respectively.

I get my groove on, y'know, doing my thing, when Alice starts joining in, and the girl is wild. She's doing thing that would get her yanked off the floor so fast you'd just hear the air if we'd been chaperoned, and she's lettin' me do it with her. At first I think she's just showing me up, so I start getting low and mean... showing her some good steps, but she's not. She's a natural dancer, she just moves to the rhythm, and the beats laid down just asked for her to...

Rock and roll.

So I'm thinking it's a short term fling with one, while I feel up... I mean, umm... while I get the scoop on the other. If something solid happens, that's cool, but if not, it's good to have a backup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home